- This summer there was a BIG investigation into abandonment cases in Ethiopia. This took all summer to resolve.
- Once this issue was resolved, we filled out a "we are interested" form on the girls. Another family was already "reviewing their case".
- Typically prospective families are given 10 days to "consider" what information is available. They took almost 21 days!
- Once we were given the chance to "review" their 2 pages of information (not much!), we accepted the referral - almost overnight...Then the courts closed for the "rainy season" (about 6 weeks).
- We received a court date...November 17th...no delays there. Our agency requested that their medical testing be started before the court date, but due to "regulations", the testing couldn't be started until we passed court. Which means that from the court date it could be as much as 9 weeks until we could hear if their testing is clear.
So, you can see how these events could have caused frustration... but the Lord has allowed us to see Just a Glimpse of what He is doing. It has come to our attention that if we pick up the girls after January 4th, the policy will have changed and will allow us to "skip" a step. So, we are reminded that Trusting in the Lord always yields the best results!
Praise the Lord - For He is GOOD!