Once upon a time....

Flash back to 1999, we were a family of four. Happy in our new roomy house and comfortable in our ways. A few years later, the Lord blessed us with an additional little package, little boy #3. Now we were a family of five and sure that would be the end. As time moved on, so did we. The Lord used the time that passed to open our eyes to His will. Several years ago, Bob and I individually heard the call to adoption. It has been a long "pregnancy", but during this incubation time, the Lord has brought us to where He wants us to be. Spring 2010, we traveled to Ethiopia where two little angels were waiting for the Lord's timing - to become our children. Now we are home and can't imagine life any differently! What a blessing to be in His will.

Galatians 4:5 says "God sent Christ to buy freedom for us, who were slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as his very own children." We are just following his model. A Perfect picture of salvation.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jacket Makeover


The Jacket.  Bought on a sale.  Really liked it.  Washed it.  Wore it.  Washed it.  The arms kept getting shorter.  I’m short as it is, but this was getting annoying.  So, I put it in the GoodWill pile.  Then a while later, as the weather was fluctuating, I was pining for a vest…. Enter the Makeover thoughts….

I don’t mind giving away items so that someone else, with short arms, can make use of an item… but, I saw the potential in the jacket to become a vest!  It was really easy.  Really!  So, here goes!
Here’s the jacket:

Cut off the arms, on the arm side of the seam.  Give yourself enough of a space to be able to turn it under for a hem.  I left about an inch.


Find a thread that mostly matches the fabric.  The better the match, the less you (or anyone else) will be able to see your flaws.  J  Turn the hem in toward the inside of the jacket…um, vest.  Fold it so that the original seam is on the fold of the opening.  I folded mine twice because the fabric had a funky puffy filler that I didn’t want showing or “falling” out. 


Start at the arm-pit and sew around the arm hole.  Here’s a close up of one arm, finished.


Now here’s the finished vest.  I liked it so much that I also did this makeover to a blue jacket that I had bought at the same sale. 






Happy me!  Two vests to get me through this weird Colorado weather!  I can layer it with a long-sleeved shirt, add a scarf and I am good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message: